How do I know, I have Leadership Skills

Leadership is responsibility and empowering others to perform at their best and enabling them to grow. Based on my experiences and awareness below are the points which anybody can reflect to evaluate whether they have leadership skills or not:

  • Ready to Trust Others
  • Ready to Empower others
  • Being Empathetic
  • Being a good listener
  • Being a visionary
  • Risk Taker

Anybody can become an effective Leader with consistent and diligent efforts on the above-mentioned skills enhancements. The biggest challenge/drawback which any young leaders encounter is the lack of patience and listening skills. I would say, if someone is not a good listener then he/she can’t be a leader at all.

During my early stage of career, got an opportunity to work with a Project Lead. After seeing my technical skills and overall capabilities, this lead has empowered me with complete authority on the project which includes handling entire team and customer also. This sort of trust and empowerment enabled me rethink on my capabilities and started to tap my leadership potential and enhanced it over time. This story of mine shows, how the lead utilized all the above-mentioned skills and instigated the thought of leadership inside me also.

I would request/suggest all the leaders to empower their next levels with utmost trust, it will result in strong cohesive team being formed and which will lead to more strong effective leaders being formed.

The need of effective strong leaders is the utmost necessity in the current pandemic and WFH situations especially. Let us all work towards enabling our teams to realize the leadership qualities and harness them to become effective future leaders.



PS: I would like to sincerely thank my project lead who has helped me in my career and not disclosing his name purposefully.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliable Leader

Demanding Leader

Level-Headed (Leader)